Make a Contribution
Temple Sinai provides a wide variety of programs and services for its membership. Membership dues cover only the minimum annual expenses, not the full costs of running the Synagogue and so Temple Sinai relies on the thoughtfulness and generosity of its members and friends in the way of donations made to Temple Sinai.
Donations to Temple Sinai can be a meaningful way to celebrate a special occasion or life cycle event, to honor or commemorate the life of a loved one, or simply to acknowledge and express appreciation for the benefits Temple Sinai brings to your life.
When you make a gift of $10 or more for some special purpose such as honoring a happy occasion, offering appreciation or good wishes, or remembering a deceased friend or relative, a card is sent to the recipient family and your gift is acknowledged in the Temple Bulletin.
You may contribute to any fund by sending a check and a quick note with the details to the office. When you donate, you may designate that your gift goes to the Synagogue's General Fund or to one of the other existing named funds listed below.
Funds That Benefit General Synagogue Needs
- Yahrtzait Plaques: Remember and honor the memory of deceased family members or friends with a Yahrtzeit Plaque in the Main Sanctuary. Yahrzait Plaques may be purchased for $200 per plaque.
- Tree of Life: Reaffirm and record the life-cycle events in your family with a leaf on the Tree of Life in the lobby of the Main Sanctuary. Leaves are $100 each and may be used to commemorate almost any occasion: Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Weddings, Births, Confirmation, Anniversary, Retirement, etc.
- General Fund: Supports general Synagogue needs.
- Peter J. Schmeidler Memorial Capital Improvement Fund: Supports building and capital improvements.
- Yahrtzait Fund: Supports general Synagogue needs.
Funds That Benefit Educational Needs at Temple Sinai
- The Education Funds of Temple Sinai: The Bea Kushner, Myra Lipschutz, Marlene Epstein, Max and Rebecca Freedman and Kenneth Brown Funds
Funds That Benefit Youth Programming at Temple Sinai
- Kenneth Brown Memorial Fund: Supports youth activities at Temple Sinai.
- Music & Cultural Enrichment Fund: Supports music and cultural programs at Temple Sinai.
- Debbie Solowey Memorial Fund: Provides funding for physical beautification of the Synagogue.
- Rabbi's Discretionary Fund: Provides Tz'dakah to be distributed at the discretion of Rabbi Perice and seed money for special projects.
- Jack Balaban Memorial Library: Supports the library.
- Mazon: A Jewish response to hunger (not a Temple Sinai fund).
- Prayerbook Fund: Buys new prayer books for the congregation. Your donation is acknowledged with a label in the front of the book.
a) Siddur Chadash Prayerbook @ $25.00 per prayerbook.
b) Etz Hay'im Chumash @ $100.00 per volume.
- Sisterhood Fund: Supports Sisterhood in its commitment to the Synagogue.
Support Temple Sinai the Easy Way
When you do your online shopping any time during the year, you may support Temple Sinai at no extra cost to you by becoming a member of igive.com. Go to www.igive.com, click on "Join Now" and follow the links. We are listed as Temple Sinai - Cinnaminson in New Jersey. You get great prices at well known on-line merchants like Barnes & Noble, Gap, L.L. Bean, Target, Saphora, Ritz Camera… and many more and a portion of everything you spend goes to Temple Sinai. It is a secure site, and you get email updates with new specials. This is an easy way to raise funds for Temple Sinai without having to leave your house or writing a check.
SCRIP is store gift certificates. Dollar for dollar, full face value, you buy them from the Temple Sinai office Sunday through Thursday mornings or Tuesday evenings. You write a check, or you can charge it on your credit card. The Synagogue buys SCRIP at a discount (5% for grocery stores and 10% for department stores) and, therefore, earns a profit when you buy them at face value. Scrip is available for the following stores: ShopRite, Acme, Super-G, Macy/Strawbridge/Lord & Taylor. Contact Marcia Libster at 856 866-8172.
Go about your regular shopping at Acme Grocery Store but don't throw away your receipts. Collect them, save them, bring them to the Temple and deposit receipts in the marked envelope outside the Temple Office. We turn them in for cash for the Synagogue. Ask your friends and neighbors to give you their receipts. Call Lois Schmeidler at 856 461-1932 with questions.
Printer Cartridge & Cell Phone Recycling Program
Don't throw away those old, used-up printer cartridges and cell phones. Bring them into Temple Sinai and place in the box outside of the Temple office. Temple Sinai sends them to be recycled and earns cash for doing so. Collect from home and work. Call Rose Rose 856 858-6953 with questions.
Box Tops for Education
When you buy any General Mills product including cereal and fruit snacks, etc., look for the small red "Box Top for Education" box top. Cut them off the carton and save them to bring to the Temple office. Funds from the redemption of Box Tops for Education are contributed to help offset the extra activities of the Religious School. Call Dorothy Minkoff at 856 829-6293 with questions.
Donate Your Car
Buying a new car and don't want to go through the hassle of selling your old one? Donate your car to Temple Sinai. Contact Rob Karen (609) 634-3415.